How Can I Not Love Them?

Assalamualaikum,


cliche photo for the first day 
welcome to the University of Queensland!

Alhamdulillah, it has been a week I'm in Queensland, Australia furthering my study in the University of Queensland. That's mean it also has been a week I'm staying here with awesome akhawat in BM (Baitul Marjan. I did get the name wrong when the first time I heard BM. haha) Ok, by the way, I just want to share my moments with the members of Baitul Marjan here for a week.

The first time I entered this lovely house, all the akhawat here were really welcoming. They were very helpful and nice. I started to taaruf with kak Adilah, kak Shanad, kak Farah, kak Faie and kak Karam. The first three days here, they brought me a tour around Brisbane such as South Bank, shopping complex (Toowong) and around University. There are also some nice akhawat accompanied me here (Kak Aimi, Kak Syai, Kak Fini, Kak Ayuni and a lot more people that I couldn't list them all). They always ask me if I need anything. They provide me with their winter clothes because  I'm still adapting to the weather since I can't really bear a cold weather. They remind me to cover the lectures I couldn't attend for a week. They suggest me books to read. They cook delicious food I couldn't resist and they do appreciate small things. For example, last Friday was the first time I cooked for 6 people. I never cooked for so many people before this and of course, I was quite nervous and anxious whether the food will turn out like what I wanted it to be or not. It happened to be that the food did not turn out well. I was quite frustrated but all the sisters here really gave me supportive comments, 
"Takpe, mula-mula lagi kira bagus ni"
"Good job Azzura! malam ni kita makan masakan zura"
"Jazakillah Azzura masakkan untuk kami"
"Nanti kami masak, kami ajak sekali zura masak dengan kami"
"Nanti akak ajar awak masak tomyam"
"Ala, dulu masa akak mula-mula pun akak belajar dari senior juga. No worries."
I really feel touched. As for me, the food wasn't that good but their comments really comfort me.  

picnic at South Bank
from left: kak Shanad, kak Faie, kak Adilah, kak Karam and me
not in photo: kak Farah because she had usrah during this time

Here, in Baitul Marjan, I feel like staying at home because they really treat me as if I am their real "adik." They even called me "adik" just like what my family call me. We do things together as a family such as cycling, dancing, cooking, watching videos and reflecting on it and many more. I just met them for a week but we do have a chemistry as I feel like having a new family here. I always said to my parents that they do not have to worry much about me because I'm doing really well here. Ibu once said,
"nak lepaskan anak perempuan ni bukan mudah. Lagi kat tempat orang. Sakit pening tak boleh nak jenguk."

However, now, she said to me,
"Kirim salam dekat semua orang kat rumah. Cakap terima kasih jaga anak ibu."
Now, ibu can feel more relieved when she knew that her daughter is doing well here. Alhamdulillah.

Besides knowing this awesome akhawat in my new home, I also get to know some married akhawat such as Kak Ayuni with her adorable little Yusra and Kak Farah with the cute little Hana. Kak Ayuni always pays us a visit, so I always got the chances to play with Yusra. Playing with kids somehow released my stress because even it's just the first semester but I got a lot of works to do (I start to have planner and I really need it from now to organise my life). I'm amazed actually with all the akhawat that I've known. How do they manage their time with study, usrah, daurah, husband, kid, and many other commitments? This is amazing. It won't be that easy, right?
cute little baby Yusra
Mama Farah with adorable little Hana
I guess, I'm always surrounded with great and nice people. They're such a precious gift from Allah that I couldn't exchange with anything else. I once had a bad assumption towards my sahabah who planned to send me to the seniors' house since I expected that they will live with me in Australia. I did feel bad about it to the extent I felt that they don't want me. Haha. How funny. However, when I got their explanations and after I have already been here, I feel so grateful that they planned this for me. Lesson learnt is that we never know what will happen in the future, just expect that Allah's plan always be the best. Put faith on Him. Always pray for the best and He surely will give what we need.

celebrating ukhti Amirah Farhah Zakaria for graduating from the University of Queensland


meeting my best friend since high school is one of the best things in Australia

I remembered my conversation with ibu a few days before I depart,
me : Ibu, this is the decision I've made. Semua manusia ada pilihan dan insha Allah ini adalah pilihan adik untuk pilih sambung belajar di luar negara. Adik harap pilihan adik ni dapat redha Allah dan ibu ayah. Adik harap ini yang terbaik dalam hidup adik dan doakan adik selalu ye ibu.
ibu : ibu redha insha Allah. kalau ini yang terbaik untuk adik, ibu doakan selalu.

I just hope that this is one of the best decisions I've made in life. I always hope that whatever decisions that I made, they're all blessed by Allah and my parents. May this decision benefits ummah too. Amiin.

No comments: