Sum-up Ramadhan: A month of Love

Assalamualaikum,

Alhamdulillah, we have been celebrating Eid this past few days. I just want to throwback on what happened during Ramadhan this year :)

This year's Ramadhan is a bit different from the past years. It was not the best for me, but it's unique and different.



This Ramadhan, I spent most of the days with the children in Haneen Firdous. It was a really wonderful experience. Some of the things I'm grateful for:

1) Opportunity to teach the children
- Alhamdulillah for this great opportunity to spend time with these adorable girls. We spend time sahur, iftar, terawih, recite Quran together

Making pizza for iftar. Thanks volunteers!

Iftar at Masjid Shah Alam


Foodies for iftar!

Shopping Raya




2) Meeting awesome people
- During this Ramadhan, I met so many awesome people whose heart is a gold!
They sincerely want to make these girls happy, sponsoring iftar, becoming imam terawih, telling stories to the children, gave free counseling session. May Allah bless each and everyone of them! Amiin

Imam Terawih: Ustaz Abu


Imam Terawih: Akh Faris

The children started to learn the stories of Quran :)

Duit raya from ustaz!

Jumpa orang baru yang awesome!



3) Opportunity to visit other welfare houses
- This Ramadhan, I got the opportunity to visit two welfare houses. The children were very happy to get to know four girls from other welfare home and they seem so excited to invite them coming to Haneen Firdous later





4) Listening to a friend's and trying to help out
- I'm still working on this. I listened to her story regarding her abusive relationship and she wanted to fight for her rights. Insha Allah still in progress to help her. Doakan ya!

5) Seeing small little achievement
- One of the best blessings is seeing the progression of the kids. I could see them progressing to be better. The journey is still a long way to go but I hope we can work together to instill hope in them and make them one of the agent of change in their family and society

6) Getting lots of supports from lovely people
- This Ramadhan, I got a lot of supports from people emotionally and psychologically to continue doing what am I doing. This is something that I'm so grateful for.

There are days that I'm so overwhelmed and anxious about my own expectations on myself.
But, with these people around me to support, I'm alright. Alhamdulillah


7) Got opportunity to share my experience fasting in Australia at TV Al-Hijrah
- This is really unexpected. It as unplanned. I was called by a friend a day before and I needed to decide on that day. huhu. I wasn't really prepared hahah. That's why if you watch it, there're some questions that I didn't really answer it properly. Whatever it is, it was a great experience!
Thanks to a friend who drives me there! :)






After all, Selamat Hari Raya people!
May Allah accepts our deeds and make us among the righteous

Wishing you Selamat Hari Raya! 🌸🌹

Me and my family 😻


No comments: